Explore the Benefits of Stone Coated Steel Roofing
Roofers in Napa, CA Reveal the Pros and Cons of Stone Coated Steel Roofing
What is Stone Coated Steel Roofing?
Stone coated steel roofing is an advanced roofing material consisting of a piece of metal coated in zinc, which is then layered with stone chips and sealed with an acrylic film. This roofing material comes in many colors and styles, with three profiles: shake, tile, and shingle. Because of its versatility and durability, stone coated steel roofing is gaining popularity for roof replacements.
Choosing the Right Roofing System for Your Home
Are you considering a new roof installation? You might find the amount of choice in materials overwhelming. To help you choose, consider the following:
- The weather: The weather where you live will be an important factor in choosing a roofing material. Does your region experience heavy winds, frequent rain, hot sun, or snow and ice? You will want a durable roof that can withstand these conditions.
- Style: How do you want your home to look? You may be interested in the unique look of clay tiles or cedar shakes, or perhaps you’d like to stick to the traditional shingled look. Looking at photos online will help you decide on a style.
- Your budget: Some roofing materials are more affordable than others. Expensive products aren’t necessarily better, and you don’t want to go into debt for a roof.
- Material weight: Even though you may love the look of clay tiles, your house may not be structurally capable of bearing the weight load. Safety is an important factor to bear in mind.
- Maintenance: Not all roofing materials need routine maintenance, so you should think about how much work you want to put into upkeep.
Roofing contractors, especially those who have experience in your area, will be able to help you choose the right roofing system for your home based on your desires and your home’s needs.
Stone Coated Steel Roofing Pros and Cons
Stone coated steel roofing has a lot more pros than cons. It’s best to be armed with knowledge when comparing roofing systems. First, the disadvantages:
- Since the technology is fairly new, not all roofing companies offer it or know how to install it.
- It can be more expensive upfront than traditional asphalt shingles.
- This roofing system uses exposed fasteners, which can be susceptible to rust and corrosion.
- The panels overlap instead of interlocking, which may create gaps for moisture and wind to penetrate the roof.
- There may be color inconsistencies in the natural stone used to coat the steel.
The Benefits of Switching to Stone Coated Steel Roofing
The numerous advantages of stone coated steel roofing include:
- Superior durability: Stone coated steel roofing tiles are tested to withstand extreme weather conditions, including hail, pounding rain, and fierce winds.
- Cost effective: Although slightly more expensive upfront than asphalt shingles, asphalt shingles often need to be repaired and replaced. Most are only rated to last 15 to 25 years. Stone coated steel will save you money in the long run.
- Protection from natural disasters: Resistant to fire, structurally sound during earthquakes, and impenetrable by high winds, stone coated steel roofing offers better protection for your home and family versus asphalt shingles or clay tile.
- Environmentally friendly: Steel roofing is fully recyclable and long-lasting, which reduces construction waste cluttering landfills.
- Beautiful and versatile: Because of the range of color options and styles, stone coated steel roofing is available to match any home’s exterior design.
- Increased home value: Not only does a new stone coated steel roof increase curb appeal, it also increases the resale value of your home.
- Energy efficient: Stone coated steel roofing is ideal for deflecting hot sunrays, and keeping conditioned or heated air in the house. Fewer air leaks means your HVAC system doesn’t have to work as hard, resulting in lower utility bills.
Roofing companies can evaluate your home’s roofing needs and help you determine if stone coated steel roofing is the best choice for you.
Let Modern Method Roofing Help!
Having been in the roofing industry for over 63 years, Modern Method Roofing is Napa, CA’s choice for steel roofing and stone coated steel roofing. They also specialize in rooftop solar panels, walking decks, and gutters and downspouts. Keep your roof in the “peak of excellence” with help from Modern Method Roofing.
I think about your company
every time the rains come.
You guys did a good job.
Thanks for the gutter guards.
I'd recommend you to everyone. Thank God for Modern Method Roofing!
- Judy Moore
Modern Method Roofing,
for more than 60 years