Signs You Need a Porch Roof Replacement
Napa Professionals Share Expertise On Porch Roof Repair
Keeping Your Porch Roof Looking Its Best
Porches can be a great addition to any home. They can offer benefits from additional square footage added to a home, outdoor dining space, a place to greet and entertain guests, and somewhere to enjoy the outdoors while still being inside. But porches, like the rest of a home, require maintenance and upkeep if they’re going to keep performing their functions, and understanding more about porches can help homeowners make sure their porches are helping instead of hindering.
How to Know When a Porch Roof is Damaged
Porches, unlike patios or decks, are covered spaces, and many of them are even enclosed with a screen or other options. Because of this, porch roofs are an important aspect of the space and it’s necessary to make sure the porch roof is in good shape. There are some warning signs that there could be a problem with a porch roof, so it’s important for a homeowner to be familiar with them:
- Roofline Dips – If there’s a sag in a porch roof or a dip in the topline, this could be a sign of rot. Often it means the sheathing has become saturated which has led to rotting and it may be time to replace the porch roof before it becomes a larger problem
- Leaks or Stains – Water stains are signs of a leak, so if a porch has stains or visible leaking, it’s something that should be addressed as soon as possible. It could be an easy fix such as shingle or flashing repair, but ignoring it will only make things worse.
- Rot – Rot is often the beginning of the end. Because once it sets in, it can’t be repaired and it has a tendency to spread. If the columns or fascia or other parts of a porch have begun to rot, it’s time for repair and even replacement before it spreads to the rest of the roof and home.
Porch Problems Are Problematic
While porches can add a lot of value to a home, porches with problems can do the opposite and be a costly problem for a homeowner or even drag down the value of a home. Some ways that porch issue can impact the rest of the home can include:
- Lower Curb Appeal – A porch that is rotten or sagging, or with holey or torn screens is a porch that is an eyesore. And nothing will bring down the curb appeal, and therefore the value of a home, faster than a sketchy looking porch.
- Spreading Rot – If rot has set in on a porch, it’s only a matter of time before it spreads to the rest of the house. And once that happens, a problem that may have been a cheaper, easier, fix, could quickly be one that costs the homeowner a lot more in time, effort, and money.
- Increased Utilities – When the enclosure of an enclosed porch fails in one way or another, this can lead to a host of problems, anything from insect and pest invasions to increased utility costs.
It doesn’t take much to keep a porch in good working order so try not to ignore any warning signs or regular maintenance needs. Because problems that start out small and simple can quickly and easily grow into something larger, and more costly.
Choose Professionals You Can Trust
With over 63 years of local experience, Modern Method Roofing offers quality services you can trust. They offer competitive bidding, 100% financing options, and high-quality materials so you can depend on their roof installation services for years to come.
I think about your company
every time the rains come.
You guys did a good job.
Thanks for the gutter guards.
I'd recommend you to everyone. Thank God for Modern Method Roofing!
- Judy Moore
Modern Method Roofing,
for more than 60 years