A Timeline for Modern Roof Installation
Roofing company professionals of Napa, California share how to calculate when your roof should be finished.
When Will The Roofing Replacement Be Finished?
If there is a problem with a home’s roof, the homeowner is likely very impatient to get on with the roofing repair. Unfortunately, this is easier said than done, even for the professionals. There are many things that contribute to the length of time needed to perform roof leak repair, without even considering an entire roof replacement. If a home needs a full roofing installation, the roofer must consider all of the architectural factors as well as the weather expectations. The details of what it takes and how long it takes to install a roof are discussed in the following paragraphs.
Variables That Affect the Time Commitment for New Roofing
There are many different reasons that a roof may be more difficult or easier to get installed in a short amount of time.
Let’s look at some of the things a roofing company may be affected by when performing a new roof install.
- Roofing Types:Different types of roofs are different in their installation process. An asphalt roof, for example, will be a quicker installation than a tile or slate roof.
- Roofing Supply: The speed with which a company can get supplies may make the wait a little longer, too. Although this is before they can even get started.
- Weather: Obviously, since this is done out of doors, there is weather to consider and a roofing contractor must make sure that they are actually able to do the work. Attempting installation in inclement weather can not only be dangerous, but can also keep the materials from being applied as they should and cause problems later.
- Roof Design: The size and shape of the roof is certainly a factor in time commitment. It takes longer to apply a roof to a house with gables and other such peaks and valleys than to apply one to a simple triangular design.
- Accessibility: The ease with which the roof can be reached is another factor that has to be considered.
What’s a General Estimate of the Time Involved?
Most asphalt roofs are typically installed in one to three days. The roofers generally try to have any roof done as quickly as possible, but some materials just take more time to prepare, measure and cut. Metal roofing usually spans four days to a week. A tile or slate installation can take nearly two weeks depending on the roof.
1, 2, 3,…Roof: The Steps Involved
The main issue with timing and roof installation is that there are so many layers to a roof and therefore, many steps of each installation.
The numbered list below provides a quick rundown.
- Prepare the home/protect the yard
- Remove the old roofing
- Install drip edge and underlayment
- Install starter seal
- Inspect ventilation
- Install new roofing
- Clean up
Why Homeowners Should Hire Professional Roofing Contractors
As you can see, this is not a simple process. That is why it is important to have professionals providing service for every step. If one thing goes wrong it can mean a roof leak and in the worst case scenario, nasty structural damage.
Call on a reliable local contractor with the proper licensing to do your roofing work, this includes roofing maintenance and roof inspection as needed.
About Modern Method Roofing
Offering senior discounts and 100% financing, Modern Method Roofing has been serving the Napa, CA area for more than 60 years. Call today for a 12 year workmanship guarantee, well above the industry standard.
I think about your company
every time the rains come.
You guys did a good job.
Thanks for the gutter guards.
I'd recommend you to everyone. Thank God for Modern Method Roofing!
- Judy Moore
Modern Method Roofing,
for more than 60 years